Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Linen and Liberty Lisette

There have been so many great pattern releases this year and it's only May and I could have quite a long list of things I'd like to sew.  I am, however, trying very hard to be very selective in what I make, so that I don't go too over-the-top and I want to try and stick to my Project 333.

So one of my most recent choices was the Sewlisette patterns (Butterick 6182).  There were four of these patterns released, three of which I just had to purchase.  (I know, that's not very restrained) but I particularly liked this one.

I chose to make the top first, it's a simple boxy style top and although it is boxy there are centre front horizontal and vertical darts which give it shape.

The fabric is the cornflower blue biolinen from dragonflyfabrics.  It is a little bit on the pricey side but it is really lovely, one of my favourite colours and I think it will only get better with wear and washing.  I will probably have to invest in some more at some stage.

The sleeves on this top are kimono style with quite deep sleeve bands and for this I used Liberty Tana Lawn Hampton wedding tana lawn.  I actually bought 1 metre of it especially for this top, which is a bit extravagant, but the colours are so lovely I thought it was worth it.

I also used the Liberty for the bias facing on the neckline.  This sewing pattern could be made in lots of gorgeous ways, pattern fabric on the body with plain cuffs, black and white contrast, floral with stripes - the options are endless.

It's a very simple make and I think I will certainly make it again, although I would probably add a little length.  I'm slightly past the 'showing your midriff' look and, of course, there is also the dress option.  For now though I am concentrating on that lovely 70's style skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment