I love this pattern, it's 'a sweet and simple princess seamed A-line dress', and it really does come together very quickly. I decided to use fabric that I have had hiding for a number of years that I got from Tessuti, it was for one of their competitions that I never got around to using at the time. It's called Gridlock (if you google Tessuti Gridlock you will see all the creations that were made at the time). It's the first time I have made a ByHandLondon dress, I did buy the Anna, but wasn't sure about the bodice, I thought it would make my very wide shoulders appear even more wide.
|Clearly need more width here!|
Unfortunately, as is very obvious from the photo, it is a little bit snug around the waistline, I suppose I could let out some of the seams, not sure I'm going to be ripping this one out though. I do really like the pattern though so if I make it again I'll adjust accordingly, I think I would also use a lighter, more drapey fabric, it would be nice in linen for summer or a crepe fabric. It's simple enough in style to make a great work dress too. You could, of course, do some colour blocking like black and white, lots of possibilities.
I wore it with my byhandlondon victoria blazer that I made a couple of years ago when it was first released - I think they went very well together. Also because of the A-line design of the dress, it was great for dancing! No photos of that, you'll just have to believe me!