Sunday, 19 April 2015

Stretch stitch frustrations.

Unfortunately no finished articles for a while.  I've been working on the Thread theory pattern, the Camas blouse, but right at the final hurdle I made a faux pas.  Even though the pattern clearly stated you stitch the placket on in a certain way, I sewed it on the opposite way!  Grrr.

If you were to sew a placket on the wrong way, you would use the smallest possible stretch stitch on your sewing machine, wouldn't you?!  Let's just say, there has been some very slow, tedious seam ripping this week-end.  Will it ever turn into a Camas blouse, not sure at the moment.

I decided then that it was time to do a different kind of sowing.  We aim to be a little bit self-sufficient in our house and have had a few successful years of vegetable growing.  I couldn't do it without my man though, who does the hardcore stuff like digging, ground preparation and general lugging around.  Things are very late at starting this year, however, as said man had a rather nasty accident with a circular saw in the New Year.  Thankfully he is recovering - I then 'decided' to cut my finger with the sharpest knife in the house whilst opening a bag of oven chips (not advisable) plus I injured my shoulder (tendonitis - not related to the oven chip opening).

Anyway, things mightn't be quite as productive this year, but we're not going to beat ourselves up over it!

The remains of last seasons chard.

Salad sown in guttering.
Well, might a bit later than usual, but at least we've made a start.

Hopefully I'll have a finished garment next time! That's if my eyes haven't fallen out!

No comments:

Post a Comment