Friday 21 March 2014

Party Coco


So having made my Coco dress which I love and has had lots of compliments on the few times I have worn it, I decided to make the top version.  I had just received some lovely merino fabric from newzealandmerinoandfabrics.co.nz in the most gorgeous royal blue shade which I hoped would work well. So just in time for Tilly's Coco party.  What a great idea and wouldn't it be lovely if we could all meet up for real in our Coco's.



Cheers Tilly and all the Coco girls!

This time I made the Coco top with 3/4 sleeves & cuff and the funnel neckline.  I also took about 1.5" off the length which seemed a more flattering length for me, I thought.  The merino is gorgeous, I love the colour, but it has turned out more like a nice top than the 'sweater' weight I had hoped, but don't fret, it will still get lots of wear.

Better get on the coffee now, been partying all day!!. Ha, ha! and it's lovely to see so many different versions of Coco.

Music I would fancy is Yes Sir, I can boogie. With Coco having a 60's, early 70's vibe I thought it would be good.  I wonder if Tilly could design a dress like the ones they are wearing..... no problem.

1 comment: