Sunday 29 September 2013

More autumn berry shades.

A while ago I was tempted to purchase one of the Japanese Stylish Dress books, of course, after seeing some beautiful versions on blogs.  In my sewing naivety, it hadn't quite dawned on me that I may not have the ideal shape for this type of style. The book is the Stylish Dress Book: Wear With Freedom by Yoshiko Tsukiori.



Having flicked through the photos of the pretty, young petite models which, of course, all looked beautiful in the dresses, I wasn't too sure if they were for me.  However, I was quite taken with the neckline of Dress 'T'



The style is meant to be loose, but I decided to modify it slightly!


I know, maybe I spoilt it, but I just didn't think the gathers were going to work for me, but I do really like the curved neckline.  The main fabric is an organic cotton crossweave in night red colour and the contrast is a red herringbone fabric, both from +Organiccotton Uk . The crossweave is literally that, a mixture of a red and black threads and the herringbone has a tweedy look.  It would probably make a lovely skirt too.



So overall I am quite pleased and I was able to get boots that match almost exactly from Whitestuff, so not a bad addition to my autumn wardrobe.


Now, I think I will get back to some knitting, it is getting to that time of the year after all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen!
    Wow! This is stunning. It is such a designer look with the contrasting neck & waist. Looks like it fits beautifully as well.

    ReplyDelete