Sunday 22 October 2017

Cosy Heather weather.


So, finally got around to making a Sewoverit Heather dress.  I knew I would want to make it as soon as I first saw it.  It's a jersey, panelled dress with pockets.  What more could you want for a cosy winter, easy-to-throw on dress.

 I made mine all one colour in this lovely quality ponte roma jersey from Dragonfly fabrics. It's a viscose/poly/elastane mix in the colour rosewood, ideal for this pattern and I see there are some lovely new colours in Dragonfly that I may be tempted by.  You could, of course, make it in a couple of different colours if you like that look.


It's a great pattern to make up with super instructions, nothing tricky at all really.  I made the size 16 and I think it's a good fit.  I do get a little bit of pooling there at the back, but I don't think it's too bad, not that bothered by it.  I would say that the sleeves are a tad narrow, so if your arms are even remotely wider than the average you might want to add some width to the sleeve.

And, guess what?  it goes remarkably well with the pink denim Lola coat from Sew Over It.  I might just have to make a light wool version of the Lola for winter.  Anyway, the Heather is as great as I'd hoped, a very comfortable, easy to wear comfy, jersey dress... love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment