Friday 29 September 2017

Her name is Lola.



 So, this is the Lola coat from the Sew Over It capsule wardrobe city break ebook which I have had since it's release and am only getting around to making now.  I love the look of all the items, but thought I'd make a start with Lola.  I'd seen Lisa (of Sew Over It) herself with a lightweight denim version and I thought that would be good for Autumn.  My fabric is pink lightweight denim fabric from Guthrie & Ghani.  It's a cotton/polyester mix, so probably will wear fairly well.



So, as you can see Lola has a waterfall front and is the type of coat that's very easy as a throw-on.  I chose to make the Medium which is oversized slightly (which it's meant to be) on my size 12-14 frame.  The making of it was quite fun, as there was the element of the puzzle about it, which I enjoyed.  I absolutely love the roomy pockets which are very cleverly designed.


 The front panels are curved and so are flattering on most figures, giving nice shapely design lines and a lovely neat collar.  I have worn it here over a jersey dress, but would go equally well with jeans or more dressy trousers.  It could also be nice and cosy on a windy day belted with a deep belt.  I'm pretty chuffed with both the fabric and the pattern and would hope to make more.  You can also make a short version, with no pockets.  The ebook itself is great, there are 5 main patterns for £20 which is great value in my opinion.  Highly recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment