Sunday 7 February 2016

Mabel and Bronte.


So this week there have been a couple more jersey makes in an effort to keep cosy in these chilly February conditions.  The first is a Colette patterns mabel skirt, I downloaded this pattern when it was released, but am only getting down to making it now.  I made version 3 which is a pencil skirt with a kick pleat on the back.  The fabric I used is this ponte roma jersey from dragonflyfabrics - it's a viscose/poly mix with 5% elastane, lovely to work with and beautifully soft and smooth.  The skirt came together very quickly and easily, it has turned out slightly big in the waist, but a belt seems to work fine at nipping it in. 




The other item was another Bronte knit top by Jennifer Lauren, this is the second time I've made this, the first was a more summery short-sleeved version here, it's a great style with a lapped shoulder and neckline detail, this time made up in this leopard-type-print fabric (can't remember where it was purchased).  Colour wise it's a little out of my comfort zone of late.  I used to wear 'browns' quite a bit, but haven't in quite a while, so decided to give them another try, just for a change.  I think the tones work ok, nice to try something different now and again.


Thought I'd show a back view of the kick pleat (excuse the ridge line of my top)



It's a very easy to wear outfit, the skirt could be made up in lots of different fabrics and lengths, it's a great staple, it's the sort of skirt that I think will be very useful from spring into summer.  The
other versions are lovely too, in a shorter length (mid thigh) and version 2 has the detail of a faux placket at center front with buttons.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit! I have been eyeing up the mabel for a while. might have to buy it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, yes it's a comfy style of skirt, worth a try.

      Delete
  2. These go so well together. Great outfit. The top in particular is lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete