Monday 19 May 2014

A Japanese Camber and Me-Made-May Week 2

I am a little bit behind in my blogging and can't quite believe that May is over half way through.  Where did those first few weeks go to.  Sewing has taken a little bit of a back seat due to... well life, family stuff and also gardening.  I have, however, made another Camber top, this will be my third time making up this pattern, the first was the flannel top here and the second the wool camber dress here. Suffice to say I really like the pattern, it's just so easy to wear with different things and very comfortable.  You can also play around with fabrics for the yoke which I did with this one.


For the top I used this lovely fabric which is a double gauze called Fuwari Fuwari by Nani Iro.  This is only my second time using this type of fabric but I can now see why they are so popular.  They are lovely to cut and sew with, don't fray too much and are absolutely gorgeous to wear, brilliant for warm weather, but yet they somehow have a cosiness to them when it's not so warm.

So having already made two Cambers this one didn't take too long, the fun was in deciding how to use the fabric.  These double gauzes generally have two or more patterns on them so might be challenging and I suppose you may need more fabric accordingly because of this.  Anyway, I used the finer speckled pattern for the back yoke and sleeves and the bigger louder type pattern for the body and neck trim. It turned out pretty well, I think.



This was at the end of the working day and having driven over fifty miles, so not too creased, compared to linen or some cottons, so very practical.  I might leave Camber for a while, but I know I will definitely be back to again and again.

Incidentally Merchant and Mills have two new patterns out, the landgate pattern, which is a unisex over the head cagoule type jacket which I found myself purchasing and the other is the landgate pattern which is a coat.  I resisted the Landgate for now, but probably only a matter of time.

So I better do a quick round up of Me-Made-May Week 2 (before Week 3 finishes)

Simplicity 1806 blouse, trousers & waistcoat Toast

Sewaholic Renfrew longer version without waistband.

Tessuti Fave Top

Tessuti Alexa T & Sirdar knit 9662

Merchant and Mills Grandad shirt dress

Wiksten Tova top
Maria Denmark Yasmin Yoke skirt & Deer and Doe Airelle blouse.
Soon be time for Week 3 round up, I will get caught up eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment