Friday 7 February 2014

Spring pastel knitting.

As I have two lovely sons, it is so nice now that I have a little niece to be able to knit in pink!  Yes I could even possibly start sewing in pink too in a while.

Anyway before my niece was born (when we didn't know she was going to be a girl) I did a bit of lemon, white & turquoise knitting, but this is the first pink.


I had forgotten how quick and easy it is to knit for babies.  This is knit in Snuggly Baby Crofter DK shade  159 (Tilly) and the pattern is 1391 from the Baby Crofter Girls book.  The Snuggly yarn is as you would imagine very soft but can be washed in the washing machine, so very practical.  It has what you would call a fair isle effect.


The flower is a cute addition and I had some Liberty buttons which I thought went well.


I have some nice pink cord somewhere so maybe a skirt or tunic top will be next.  I see there are some lovely children's sewing patterns like this little tunic from Oliver and s.  After all there are only so many items of clothing I can wear, surely!

However, still on the pastel theme which, of course, is very in for spring, I am about to start a new spring sweater for myself... well, you can get bored wearing the same sweaters, can't you?  I am afraid I did succumb to purchasing more yarn, tempted by another blogger (it happens a lot).
 

It is this beautiful French merino yarn in a pale blue shade and I hope to knit up a pattern I have had for a while, the sprig sweater by Alana Dakos.  The pattern was released first and I think the rest of the patterns will be released soon in the form of Botanical Knits 2. Looking forward to starting it, probably should do a test swatch first.



On the sewing front, I am in the middle of making a dress for a function I am going to later in the month.  If I say part of it is in silk (and I have never sewn with silk before) you can imagine it is a slow process! I had to unpick the neckline as I had managed to get fabric caught in that shouldn't have been....bad words may have been uttered!  Maybe I'll finish it by next week, here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment